Inflammation of joints caused due to immune system’s poor response is known as rheumatoid arthritis. The real cause for this disease still remains unidentified. Ayurveda is a holistic treatment originated in India thousands of years ago. It has very effective treatments for rheumatoid arthritis.
Features of rheumatoid arthritis
- The treatment available in ayurveda for this disease is based on the real cause for this disease as understood by ayurveda.
- Many hereditary and environmental factors are responsible for this disease.
- Addicted alcohol consumption and continuous smoking cause poor response from the immune system. This leads to the formation of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pollutants, insecticides, cosmetics and other toxins increase the risk of this disease.
- Women in the age group of 40-60 are more likely to succumb to this disease.
Ayurveda concept about rheumatoid arthritis
According to ayurveda the body secretes a toxin named ‘ama’ due to poor immunity and weak metabolism. Toxins so secreted are collected in the weak joints and it leads to the inflammation of the joints. People settled in damp and cold areas are more prone to this disease.
Identifying the causes of rheumatoid arthritis
Unhealthy food habits are a strong reason for the formation of rheumatoid arthritis. Habits like eating stale food, junk food, frozen and processed food etc increase the cause of rheumatoid arthritis. Overeating can lead to this disease. Late night dinner and eating at irregular times have to be avoided. Eating food that has opposite reactions can lead to the formation of this disease. For example drinking cold water followed by hot meal can confuse the digestive system and lead to problems. Eating fish along with milk has to be avoided. If you follow a balanced diet plan supported by regular exercise, you can keep yourself safe from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Stiffness in the joints during morning time that lasts for three hours or more
- Swelling in different joints
- Swollen wrists and fingers.
The treatment of ayurveda is direct and without any side effects. Many new treatment options are developed in ayurveda in the recent years. Aswagandha is a very powerful ayurveda medicine which was in use from the ancient days. This medicine has been found to be of very great use in controlling and improving the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. According to ayurveda this medicine can improve the digestive track and the body metabolism. Taking internal medication has been found to be very effective in reducing the pain and inflammation related to rheumatoid arthritis.